Thursday, June 3, 2010

Things That Scare Me #6


I have always hated mice. They totally freak me out. I think anything that scurries is creepy. One night, I was sitting in my living room watching some lame reality show (my passion) and I decided to go into the kitchen. I walked out of the living room just as my cat, LeRoy, was walking in through the doggie door. He immediately dropped a small dark creature onto my floor. It took me a minute to realize that this was a mouse. As we both made eye contact, I started to scream, which then made the mouse run, straight for my kitchen! My dog, George, loves little creatures. He is very nurturing and thinks all these things that LeRoy kills, he can somehow bring back to life. He follows the mouse and picks it up and begins to carry it, not outside, but to my bedroom. I am now on the verge of a complete meltdown. Do I sleep somewhere else for the night, do I get a hotel room? I slowly walk into my bedroom to see the little mouse on my bed with George laying next to it. The mouse is on it's back making it look as though it is dead. I decide to watch over this thing, because I always believe dead creatures come back to life in your hands, so I sit in my recliner in my bedroom. Of course, I had to turn the TV on since I wasn't sure how long this could last. I would look at the TV then look at the mouse, look at the TV look at the mouse. The fourth time I turned my head to look at the mouse it was no longer on its back, it was on all fours. As though a miracle had occurred, this mouse started shaking its head and came back to life. OMG! What the hell do I do now! It started to crawl down my bed. Hotel for sure! I jumped from my recliner, because my feet are NOT going to touch the floor, and across my bed. Once I make a visual on the object, I leap across the floor to my bathroom and grab the garbage can. I dump all out of the garbage and slam that can on top of the mouse. I then start screaming for my son for assistance. Of course, being 18, he is extremely annoyed at my request and suggests I get it together. We drag the garbage can across the floor to a paper towel. The little disgusting creature is then immediately flung out the door (by my son as I was still trying to breathe).

No comments:

Post a Comment